December 1, 2009

It's Almost 2010!

I cannot believe this year has gone by so quickly. It has been a good year with a lot of things to be thankful for. Let's see, I freed myself of car loan debt, landed a new job, turned 3-0, and celebrated two years of motherhood.

On a quieter note, I shed 10 pounds that I had been trying to lose since I had my daughter.

So to end the year on a high note, I have a couple of goals that I plan to meet by December 31. To reach them would put the icing on the cake for 2009.

1. Pay off the last $150 or so of my credit card. I will then officially be credit card/consumer debt free.

2. Lose 8 pounds. This would be absolutely outstanding and put me back within range of what I weighed before becoming pregnant. Notice I said "within range" LOL.

3. Add 5% to my emergency fund. By the end of 2010, I plan to have fully funded this account.

I have been thinking about these goals all day and think I like having short term goals to focus on. Normally I only set annual goals at the beginning of each year...but my attention span is so short that I sometimes forget what it is that I am working toward. I think in 2010, I will begin setting shorter monthly goals to help me stay focused.

Overall, this year has been about becoming my best me. I've come so far but I know that there are still areas that I need to foster and grow.

Let's get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment