December 6, 2009

Back to the Weekly Grind

So this past weekend was a good one. Fun and relaxing.

Friday night I got together with the family for my mother's annual "tree-trimming" party. It's where we get together to put up her Christmas tree and all of her other random decorations. There's always food, alcohol, and music, and she uses this time to pull out old pictures from our childhood...report cards, hand-made gifts, first pair of shoes...you get the picture. We had so much fun and it really got me in the Christmas spirit.

At the party we had the one of the R&B channels playing and everything that played brought back memories...SWV, Xscape, Montell Jordan...all music from my teenage years. Needless to say, the tree is beautiful even though we had to convince my mother to lay off some of the ornaments. She has collected them over my lifetime and the tree was so full we thought it might literally tip over. It left me feeling like I needed to invest a little more time in my own tree.

On Saturday, I shopped. I dragged my brother to one store in particular because their ad advertised a doorbuster deal that was over at 1PM. Well, we get there and of course the deal is too good to be true and ended up being a lot smaller than how it appeared in the ad. I finished shopping, went home to nap, and spent the rest of the evening with my family.

Today was more family time, then I had to get home to do my usual Sunday routine of getting ready for the work week...washing my hair, my daughter's hair, laundry, groceries, getting clothes ready for the week, etc. I'm sure that I could and probably should do some of this on Saturday to get it out of the way because every Sunday night feels like I am on a mission to get all of these things done and get to bed at a decent time. At least I got a couple of gifts for Camryn wrapped. I can't wait to see her face on Christmas day!

Wishing all a happy work week!

No comments:

Post a Comment