November 27, 2009

Shout It Out Fridays!

My favorite post of the week is from Single Ma's blog Fabulous Financials titled Happy Thanksgiving!! This post touched me so because I love the fact that she is a single mom success story.

Although my daughter is only 2 years old, I sometimes worry what the impact of being raised in a single parent home will be. Now I'm the first to say that I feel I do an outstanding job as a mother and Camryn seems to be one of the happiest, sweetest, most well-adjusted kids that I know. Her life is full of love and happiness...I make sure of that.

But with all of my efforts, I still wonder what the future holds. I trust in the Lord and know in my heart that he wouldn't have allowed me to be in this circumstance without the tools and ability to raise a phenomenal child. Really, I should just stop here because it's like, if you trust in the Lord then don't worry.

But deep, deep in the back of my mind I would be lying if I didn't admit that I do worry about it. It seems like you just never know how your child will cope. I have seen situations where children are raised in two-parent seemingly stable homes and they grow up to become really screwed up, unhappy adults. On the other hand, I have also seen children who came from the most unfortunate of circumstances (abuse, poverty, absent parents) and they are able to rise above adversity to become amazing adults.

Okay, I am done dwelling on my worries. For now, I will continue to do what I do and keep the faith.

1 comment:

  1. All parents worry about their little ones, especially when we are single parents. I know I worry about my son. Just as you said, we just have to stay faithful that God has a plan for us and our wonderful children. Take care.

    ReplyDelete