July 2, 2009

Mastering the Roller Wrap

I used to have really thick hair.

It is still thicker than most, but my hair stylist and mother informed me that my hair is getting thinner...possibly because of my addiction to flat-ironing and maybe because I am getting older (geez, I'm only 30).

When I got my hair done last week, my stylist created the cutest roller wrap bob on my ear length hair and emphasized my need to start doing the same.

Now, I have rolled my hair before, recently actually, and it turned out okay. I should have let it dry longer and overall, I think it's just more difficult to pull it off when you have short hair.

My stylist recommended Nairobi Foam Wrap/Set lotion and I plan to try it on my own this evening. I hope it works because I really am tired of wearing a flat wrap. I have been flat ironing my hair daily since high school and in the true spirit of 'Reinvented Chick' it is time to do something different.

Ultimately, I really want to grow my hair out, somewhere between shoulder and armpit length and I know that giving up the heat will help me retain length. I'll keep you posted on this one so wish me luck on my hair journey!

Be Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment